daily meal

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Chicago, IL to Portsmouth, NH

This past month has been a whirlwind to say the least! I don't think I have ever watched three weeks fly by as fast as these past three have.

I'll recap..

First, my husband had a work conference in Chicago, so I tagged along!



It was our first time in Chicago and it was so much fun! We ate at so many wonderful restaurants (Boarding House, Purple Pig, and Geja's Cafe to name a few) and went to The Second City theatre (hilarious and so fascinating to see the many comedians that started off at that theatre)!



Upon returning from Chicago (as in the day we flew back to Boston), my husband and I had an appointment to look at a property in Portsmouth, NH.  We have been looking for a home/condo for about a year now, but have not had much luck. However, within three hours after viewing the property, we put in an offer, and 24 hours later we had ourselves a deal! The one crazy part... we promised we would close in under 21 days! Long story short, after A LOT of emails, phone calls, and paperwork, we closed on our home in 15 days! Yay!



Now that we are finally settling in, we are so excited to enjoy all that Portsmouth has to offer.  It is such a lovely place with so many restaurants, cafes, and boutique shops.  It is also where my husband and I were married two years ago.  Oh, yes, we moved on our anniversary! At least we got to enjoy a wonderful dinner at Ristorante Massimo.



In case any of you are ever in town or live nearby, here are just a few restaurants you should check out, in addition to Ristorante Massimo:
Moxy
Cava
Bridge St. Bistrot and Wine Bar
Lexie's Joint
Cafe Kilim
Book and Bar

There are sooooooo many more, but those places are definitely at the top of my list!

Oh, we adopted a cat too!


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love Portsmouth! Congratulations on the new home. I lived in NH for 12 years, and I still miss it. Portsmouth was one of my favorite places to visit.

    ReplyDelete